Published by: Avinaba Dalal
Custom ROM Manager was designed to make the process of installing custom ROMs, GApps and other zip files easier, and let users have more control in the process. It will:
🔍 Search zip files present on your device.
📝 Identify the zip files.
🔘 Manage and select zip files for installation.
⚙️ Install selected zip files in TWRP.
⭐ Let you discover popular ROMs.
😁 And let you do much more.
SEARCH ZIP FILES
It will search for the zip files present on your device. And the search is fast, in fact it is so fast that it only takes less than one-tenth of a second to finish the search on modern smartphones.
IDENTIFY ZIP FILES
It will also identify the zip files found. It will determine whether a zip file is a ROM, or a GApps package, or some other zip file. If its a ROM or a GApps package, it will also identify some of its properties like its build date, build type, version etc. The properties are then used to easily access, sort and filter the zip files.
MANAGE & SELECT ZIP FILES FOR INSTALLATION
You can manage and select as many zip files as you want for installation. It lets you select the partitions you would want to wipe before installing a zip file. It lets you have full control on the order of installation of zip files.
INSTALL SELECTED ZIP FILES IN TWRP
After you have finished selecting zip files for installation, it will boot into TWRP and install the zip files in the order you had selected, and will automatically reboot back to system. Only TWRP is supported though.
DISCOVER POPULAR ROMS
You can also discover popular ROMs using Custom ROM Manager, and visit official sites of those ROMs. It can also check whether your device is officially supported by a ROM or not. But it will not download any thing for you, you will have to do that yourself. Read more at - https://www.facebook.com/CustomROMManager/posts/538177033274491
And there are other useful features too...
1. TWRP backup and restore - Provides a way of doing TWRP backup and restore right from the app.
2. Statistics - Provides useful statistics about the zip files that are present on your device.
3. In-app search - With in-app search you can easily search for whatever you want within the scope of the app.
4. Folder settings - An entire section dedicated for customizing how and where files are searched in your device.
5. Recent Installs - Tracks the zip files you have installed using the app, keeping privacy in mind.
6. Neat design and great UX - Custom ROM Manager features a neat UI based on material design, and provides a great UX.
1. Root Access is required in order for the app to work properly. Without this, some functions will not work.
2. If you have not isnatlled custom ROMs before using TWRP, then this app is not for you.
3. Only TWRP recovery is supported.
A pro version of this app is also present, which does not contain any ads, has extra features, and is highly optimized for performance. You can find it at - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.corphish.customrommanager.adfree
An in-app purchase option is also available, which removes ads completely from the app permanently.
|Compatibility||Android Varies with device|
|Released||Nov 23, 2016|