Published by: The E.W. Scripps Company
|Compatibility||Android 5.0 and up|
|Released||Sep 5, 2012|
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
These features come with your app download:
• Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States.
• Hi-Def radar map is your home screen so you can quickly see what's going on at your locations.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe.
• Closings for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lansing, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha, Tulsa.
View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alerts to view info
• Show multiple severe weather layers on the map at the same time
• Flood watches & warnings
• Tornadoes & Thunderstorms
• Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Winter storms
• Marine & Coastal alerts
• Radar & Clouds
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Premium Weather ($0.99/mo) to unlock these 3 features:
1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular)
2) Storm Tracks: See how fast storms are moving & where they're headed
3) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular)
• Buy Lightning ($0.99/mo) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Lightning strike push notifications up to 10 miles away.
2) See lightning on the map within 150 miles of a selected location.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of your purchase.
• After a free trial ends (if offered), your subscription will automatically convert to a paid subscription.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company.
View help and tips at support.stormshieldapp.com.
• Fixed alerting bug for Android OS v8 (Oreo) devices that caused app to not play the "Beep Beep Beep" sound when certain types of v8 (Oreo) devices received notifications, while other v8 (Oreo) devices played the sounds just fine.
• Fixed bug where map legend (if on) would turn itself off when tablet was rotated.
• Fixed bug where the weather layer Play button (if animating) would get out of sync when user changed to a different map layer.
• Additional performance improvements.