Published by: Marcel Bokhorst
Download FairEmail - open source, privacy oriented email for PC or MAC and run the app on big screens to enjoy a better user experience. Below you will find the info on FairEmail - open source, privacy oriented email and steps on how to install FairEmail - open source, privacy oriented email on PC and download links to all the available versions of FairEmail - open source, privacy oriented email.
FairEmail is easy to setup and works with virtually all email providers, including Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo!
FairEmail might be for you if you value your privacy.
FairEmail is an email client only, so you need to bring your own email address.
FairEmail does not support non-standard protocols, like Microsoft Exchange Web Services and Microsoft ActiveSync.
Almost all features are free to use, but to maintain and support the app in the long term, not every feature can be for free. See below for a list of pro features.
A lot of effort has gone into this app, which was developed to help you protect your privacy. If you have a question or problem, there is always support at [email protected]
* Fully featured
* 100 % open source
* Privacy oriented
* Unlimited accounts
* Unlimited email addresses
* Unified inbox
* Conversation threading
* Two way synchronization
* Offline storage and operations
* Battery friendly
* Low data usage
* Small (~ 15 MB)
* Material design (including dark/black theme)
* Maintained and supported
This app is deliberately minimalistic by design, so you can concentrate on reading and writing messages.
This app starts a foreground service with a low priority status bar notification to make sure you'll never miss new emails.
* Encryption/decryption supported (OpenPGP, S/MIME)
* Reformat messages to prevent phishing
* Confirm showing images to prevent tracking
* Confirm opening links to prevent tracking and phishing
* Attempt to recognize and disable tracking images
* Warning if messages could not be authenticated
* Quick setup
* Easy navigation
* No bells and whistles
* No distracting "eye candy"
* No data storage on third party servers
* Using open standards (IMAP, POP3, SMTP, OpenPGP, S/MIME, etc)
* Safe message view (styling, scripting and unsafe HTML removed)
* Confirm opening links, images and attachments
* No special permissions required
* No advertisements
* No analytics and no tracking
* No Google backup
* No Firebase Cloud Messaging
* FairEmail is an original work, not a fork or a clone
* Fast and lightweight
* IMAP IDLE (push messages) supported
* Built with latest development tools and libraries
All pro features are convenience or advanced features.
* Account/identity/folder colors
* Colored stars
* Notification settings (sounds) per account/folder/sender (requires Android 8 Oreo)
* Configurable notification actions
* Snooze messages
* Send messages after selected time
* Synchronization scheduling
* Reply templates
* Accept/decline calendar invitations
* Add message to calendar
* Filter rules
* Automatic message classification
* Search indexing, search on server
* Keyword management
* S/MIME sign/encrypt
* Biometric/PIN authentication
* Message list widget
* Export settings
If you have a question or problem, please check here first:
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact me at [email protected] and I will try to help you.
Below are few easy instructions to download and install FairEmail - open source, privacy oriented email on PC and you can follow the same if you have a MAC. We will be using an Android emulator for this process. Several good Android emulators on the internet let you emulate an Android device and run Android applications. You can install an Android app on to emulator via .apk file or from Google Play Store, if you would like to skip logging in to Google first option works best.
Happy gaming in case you are playing Android games on PC.
This version provides these new features:
* Added widget to enable/disable sync
* Added forward multiple messages
* Added favorite folders (folder selection dialog)
* Auto expanding first message of read conversations
* Showing number of send/delayed messages (send options)
* Applying main filters separately to in/outbound folders
* Small improvements and minor bug fixes
* Updated libraries and translations
Questions? Remarks? Problems?
There is always support at [email protected]